Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Six Albums That Make Me Happy

Charlotte was kind enough to tag me for this meme. Originally, it was a Six Things That Make You Happy meme. Charlotte turned it into a Six Books That Make You Happy and I'm turning it into a Six Albums That Make You Happy. And instead, I'm posting the 6 albums I've just bought. I've already recommended them at least once on this journal. So far I had only been able to listen to them online on Deezer but now I own them all forever.

1.
I'm not fond of compilations because I usually want to buy complete discographies but no label has released her whole discography as of yet, so I have to make do with this nonetheless strong Essential, for the moment being at least.

LISTEN HERE


2.

Released by the wonderful label Jasmine. They have a great catalog, and I've already sent them an email about the Boswell Sisters, asking if they had any plan to release anything. By the Andrews Sisters, I already have this excellent 4-cd boxset which I highly recommend. Now is the Time completes it. This isn't Now is the time but a selection of their most famous songs:

LISTEN HERE


3.

I want to be a Puppini Sister when I grow up. No, SERIOUSLY.

LISTEN HERE

4.

I wish I could see them perform live, they're amazing.

LISTEN HERE

5.

She's one of my favourite composers. This score is perhaps a bit more ambitious than her other ones, she draws inspiration from different things. I know Rachel isn't really loved among score collectors because her music is considered derivative, repetitive and thus unimaginative. I disagree, although I do recognize some of the same ideas throughout her scores.

LISTEN HERE

6.

I hate summer, but this score was by far the best part of this movie and makes me very happy.

LISTEN HERE

I tag whoever wants to talk about six things!