Saturday, May 23, 2009

Books, books, books

Some of my newest purchases have already reached me:


The first thing I did when I received my copy of Stella Gibbons' Nightingale Wood was check who the illustrator for the cover was. It's Sarah Gibb, and you can find her beautiful website here.

Which means my To Be Read Pile looks like this:


From top to bottom:
1. March - Geraldine Brooks
2. The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets - Eva Rice
3. Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb
4. February House - Sheryl Tippins
5. Debs at War - Anne de Courcy
6. 84, Charing Cross Road - Helene Hanff
7. Love's Labour's Lost - William Shakespeare
8. Nightingale Wood - Stella Gibbons
9. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay - Michael Chabon


There are some more books on their way, including As You Like It, with this beautiful cover:


And I finally gave in and ordered Melissa Anelli's book- Harry, a History. I've been the hugest Potter fan for eleven years now and I felt that reading this book would mean that it is really over, which is why I had never ordered it before. But I'm slowly coming to terms with being a 24/7 Potter fan no matter what I have to face (including realisation of the end) so there you go. Huge step for me. I feel like rereading the whole series first, which I'll probably do this summer.

Sibylle