Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Premio Dardos Award

I don't even know what to say. I'm completely shocked. Obscure Classics , an excellent (and I do mean excellent) blog about "classic movies" that don't get enough recognition (don't look for Casablanca there, for example, we're talking mostly pre-code and more often than not movies that haven't made it to DVD yet) has granted In Training for a Heroine a Premio Dardos award. My blog was created last November, it seems awfully soon and sudden. Thank you so much, Obscure Classics team, for this award. I wish I could award it to you back!


"Premio Dardos" means “prize darts” in Spanish.

The Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

Rules

  1. Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
  2. Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.
It was hard to choose just five, there are so many good blogs out there. So here are the journals I am awarding this Premio Dardos to:

A Work in Progress : I wish I could write book reviews as detailed as Dani's ones. I really enjoy her personal pictures of book covers and to be read piles, something clearly missing from this journal because I don't own a working camera.
Geranium Cat's Bookshelf : Her reading habits are very eclectic and she knows a lot about children's literature so there's always something new to discover there for me. Very good reviews.
Geata Póeg na Déanainn : Very interesting posts about many different things, mostly to do with life in Cambridge, fantasy and science fiction and YA literature. She doesn't post often but each one of her entries is food for thought and I'm always looking forward to them. A blog with a real point of view.
Charlotte's Library : YA reviews and news. She knows a lot, and I do mean a lot about what's going on in teenage writing. I love this colourful blog.
This is my Secret : Author Kristin Cashore's blog. It's incredible. She has lots to say about publishing and writing (of course) but some posts that have nothing to do with that are so good and really hit home. Her "personal values" so far are mine (see the whole journal, but perhaps more specifically this post). It's rare and brave for a writer to be so right and have such a great view of the world.

And last, but not least, I wish I could give this award to:

AustenBlog : but I would feel as if I were a mouse standing in front of a whale waving a trophy in the air (they don't post awards they receive on their blog). I would like to give this Premio Dardos to this journal, because it's the only Austen blog so far that has reflected my opinion on practically everything Jane (practically because we don't always agree on the adaptations for example, I thought PP05 and NA07 were excellent, they don't). It's witty and informative.

Once again, thank you so much, Obscure Classics!