Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Reader's Dozen (Almost...)

MarcyJo did that on her LiveJournal and I thought it was a good idea. The rules were to choose our 12 favourite books. If the books are part of a series, we were to list our favorite book in that series, not all of them. And we were to try not to cheat. I failed. I picked 16 because I can't choose, and I picked two books by the same author. But I didn't pick more than one in a series ! Here are my sixteen favourite books in alphabetical order. Bear in mind that when I list one book in a series, I adore the whole series.

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen/The Hours by Michael Cunningham/A Room With a View by E.M. Forster/My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin

Dusty Answer by Rosamond Lehmann/Atonement by Ian McEwan/Sula by Toni Morrison/Miss Charity by Marie-Aude Murail

A l'Ombre des Jeunes Filles en Fleurs by Marcel Proust/The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman/The Tiger in the Well by Philip Pullman/Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith/Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild/Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters/Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf


Back in a flash with tons of things.