Thursday, December 4, 2008

You-Know-What


My very very favourite author released a book today. I don't want to jinx it as I'm still waiting for my Amazon order to reach me so I'm not even going to write down the title. This woman is my inspiration for everything. She's the one I look up to for social, political and moral advice, and I wouldn't be the girl I am without her. Her characters are so real I'm still waiting to find Diagon Alley. A masterpiece of social commentary mixed with the most imaginative creation I've ever met that makes you want to step in the book and live at Hogwarts. This book tackles everything from the abolition of slavery (House-elves) to gay rights (I've never been prouder of being a fan than when she told us Dumbledore was gay). If the world had read and understood these books, perhaps Proposition 8 wouldn't have passed in California, for example. The knowledge of the world is in books. Dear world, catch up.
It'll be 10 years in March and I still can't get over it. Thank you for making my world magical. I love you, I love you, I love you. ♥ ♥