Sunday, December 21, 2008

Watch this space

Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls promo)

I have quite a few projects for this journal. Before long, I'll be posting my list of things I look forward to in 2009 in terms of books, music, tv and cinema. Before the end of the year, I'm also preparing a list of my favourite reads of 2008. I also want to do my top 10 of Gilmore Girls episodes, my top 10 of The West Wing episodes, my top 10 of Once and Again episodes, of Dead Like Me episodes, of American Dreams episodes and I'll also be talking about the jewel that is My So-Called life.
Watch out for a Louis Garrel post, prompted by Di's comment on my last entry. Also for a Noel Streatfeild (one of my favourite authors) post and many more posts to come about Jane Austen because I'm doing my Master's dissertation on her (to be specific, on Humour in Persuasion and Northanger Abbey) and this has proven to be the best part of this year - I'm enjoying it so much !
You'll be seeing a lot more pictures on this blog next year as I've finally decided to buy a new camera (brand recommendations are welcome). I also have a big project for next year - I want to go to the UK to study for a year, so I expect you'll be hearing about that too.

In the meantime, I think you should watch this video. It's Elena Vitrichenko's ribbon routine performed in Berlin in 1997 during the World Championships. She won the gold medal for that one and it is still a performance watched today by young gymnasts as it created the standard of ribbon routine. I'm not interested in sports at all, but I do love rythmic gymnastics and Elena is probably the most robbed gymnast ever. If it were up to me, I'd have given her the Olympic medal she wanted so much a long time ago. The music is One Man's Dream by Yanni.



LISTEN HERE