Friday, December 26, 2008

Not goodbye, more like a see you later

I'm taking an Internet break to focus on studying for my January midterms. Plus, I really need to stay away from the Internet for a while to try and fight the addiction. I leave you with the gorgeous/talented/funny/great Mary-Louise Parker. If you want to make me really happy, buy/borrow/steal/watch the miniseries Angels in America and then buy the DVD. And then spread the love. And build Tony Kushner a statue. And one for Emma Thompson. And one for Meryl Streep. And one for Al Pacino. And one for Mary-Louise. And one for Ben Shenkman. And one for Justin Kirk. And one for Jeffrey Wight. And one for Patrick Wilson.



You can obviously watch Mary-Louise in Weeds (I need to catch up by the way, I'm so behind on everything) but also in Fried Green Tomatoes, which is also a good movie in itself, based on Fannie Flagg's book. Warning : you'll fall in love with Thomas Newman's score. Unfortunately, it's out of print. Now if you don't want to be as miserable as I am checking Amazon and eBay every day to see if you can find a copy at an affordable price, do NOT fall in love with the score.

"Janel Moloney just told me she would pay me $1,000 if I thanked my newborn son for making my boobs look so good in this dress." — Golden Globe acceptance speech (2004)

The "ridiculously talented" (MLP's words, could be mine) Janel Moloney (please please watch The West Wing)