Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Number 4, Privet Drive


I can think of nothing in particular to associate November 18 to. It’s a random date for a random journal. I’ve just decided I needed somewhere where I could talk about everything I wanted, one place to put all my thoughts on, instead of my posts being scattered on different forums and on different LJ communities. The title of this journal is a very transparent reference to Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, which is one of my favourite books. As you probably know, it’s a novel which warns us all about the consequences of mistaking fiction for reality. I think we could all learn a great deal from Catherine Morland’s journey. I hope to post reviews of books, and probably a lot less frequently reviews of movies and other things that catch my eye and I think are worth mentioning.

This blog is dedicated to all the people who inspire me, to all the people who make me want to read.